Saturday, September 6, 2008

Some News

Before I get to the news, I have another challenge layout to share, this one is for Making Lemonade. This challenge blog is cool in that it helps us use those not-so-perfect shots! This particular challenge is to take a photo that has flaws, and fix it by making it black and white.
While I absolutely love this photo, and all the others, that tigardlilly took of me, the background can be a little distracting from the focal point, and my skin is so unbalanced.
I used Basic Grey Sultry, K&I Memories Lace Cardstock, Target Dollar Spot chipboard letters, Prima flowers, other unknown flowers, misc buttons, brad-lets (unknown), and printed journaling.
Here is a close up of my journaling.
Now for some news.....
Need I say more???
.

8 comments:

Daisy said...

Way to go! You can do it! Believe me, I smoked for almost 20 years and have been almost a year smoke free. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Erica Hettwer said...

OMG! That's wonderful! I'm so proud of you!!! :D

Kay said...

First things first... Yay for you!!! So proud of you!

Now on to how much I love that LO! The colors are fab and the way you used the lace paper to mimic the pp is great! Another great LO in the books!

Missed you at the crop today. Are you going to try and do any of the challenges? Most are really simple. Almost too simple!

tigardlilly said...

Whoo hoo!

Love they layout, I love the journalling even more.

Scrappy Girl said...

What a great layout...that journaling rocks!

I never knew you were a smoker...to be honest I am a bit surprised...I wish you the best in quitting. I know it is a hard thing to do. Dr. Hubby uses Copenhagen and I wish he would quit. It scares me. You can do this!

Sherry said...

excellent job with the conversion and the layout is just gorgeous!!!

Christina Carnoy said...

that layout is so beautiful!!! and good for you, I hope you succeed in quitting smoking!

Anne Marie said...

YAY YEAH YAY YEAH for YOU!! it is not easy, but you can kick that habit! You're a woman, which means you can do ANYTHING you put your mind to! If there's any way your AMR buddies can help you, please ask!

Marilyn, I love that photo of you, absolutely beautiful! Love your challenge photos too, I just am posting in this section.