Saturday, September 20, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy!

I have been busy, and I promised to share some layouts and whatnot with you, so here it goes. The last 3 days have been scrappy mail days!
Thursday I recieved a RAK from Sandy at AMR for winning one of her challenges (the 5 christmas cards with 5 embellishments each).
Friday I got my RAK from Kelly Goree, her class kit from Creative Escape! Today, I got my "sign on RAK", my compensation for the DT at Scrapbook Challenges.
I have been playing catch up on the challenges posted on Scrapbook Challenges. I got all six of the DT challenges done. Monday there will be more!
This one is for week 1-use numbers for letters. I used Bazzill cs and Just the Edge, MM Noteworthy, Prima flowers, misc buttons and brads, American Crafts Thickers, Jenni Bowlin journal sqaure, and ribbon I got from Crop-o-Holic.
A couple challenges later, I noticed that week 2 was to use the colors green, blue and white. I thought about this a bit and remembered that they said you can combine to challenges into one layout, so I have 2 challenges here.
*EDIT-I just realized I can't use this layout for the color scheme challenge, since I used brown. I will be back with a new one for this challenge*

Week 1 also had a "score a design" challenge. I used bazzil cs, chipboard letters and ribbon; Bo Bunny pp, both sides; and Kaiser Crafts flowers and pearls.

Here I scored the white-flowery strip every 1/4 inch.

Here I scored my journaling lines.
Here I scored around the photos, it's hard to see-sorry.
This is week 2, "Don't stick me down", no glue allowed. I used BG Sultry pp and brads, prima flowers and 1 Bazzill flower, staples, stitching, misc buttons, and Pebbles Inc stamps with MM paint for the title.
This is for week 3, highlight a favorite movie and why. I love A&E's Pride and Prejudice, so this was an easy choice! I used Creative Imaginations die cut paper, Bo Bunny ribbon, Kaiser Crafts flowers and pearls, BG letters, and misc buttons .
Week 3, "don't put away the scraps". I used Bazzill cs, October Afternoon pp, American Crafts ribbon, Walmart chipboard "J", misc letter ribbon sliders, misc brads, flowers punched on glitter cs and EK Success punch, and Jo Anne Essentials epoxy stickers.
Here is the card, using the same pp, DCWV cs, misc ribbon, Kaiser Crafts flowers and pearls, a Prima flower, misc rhinestones, and Creative Imaginations rubon.
On the AMR challenges.
This one is for the Book About Me ongoing challenge. We were supposed to scrapbook about where we grew up. I have a problem with that, I grew up in 19 houses and couldn't possibly pick one since I have so many important memories from all of them. I decided to talk about all my houses, with just a few memories from each home, as well as a map of everywhere I lived. One is of the NW, the other is the Portland area. Journaling....
Growing up, we moved a lot! I lived in a total of 19 houses from birth to 18 yrs old. I don’t remember much until we moved to Vancouver. Here are just a few memories of growing up, based on where we lived.
5-I fell in the fireplace, Mt. St. Helens erupted, my dad almost died in a car accident, and I started Kindergarten.
6-Lost my first tooth, Grandpa died, our family came over for Christmas, and our kitty died, and I got a Light Bright.
7-I joined Bluebirds, made a kite with wrapping paper, wrote my first letter, and a snake slithered over my toe.
8-I stepped on a nail, Grandma showed me her makeup, our dogs lived with my aunt, and dad did illegal fireworks.
9-Our first garden, snuck off to the gravel pit, hunted crawdads, and the dog stole a chicken from next door.
10-We made a huge igloo, roller skating in the basement, slept in the den, grocery shopping with the wagon.
11-The dog had puppies, someone stole from our garage sale, I set a fire in my closet, and the hamster babies escaped.
12-I bounced glass on my foot, I skinned my knee in the driveway, I got caught swearing, and I got my first radio.
13-I went to Multnomah Falls, had to go to bed at 7, lived with family friends, and shared a room with my brothers.
14-I told kids Michael Jackson and Cyndi Lauper were my parents, lived with Grandpa, and I had my first field day.
15-Started my period, had my first fight, stabbed myself with a pencil, got chicken pox, and the challenger explodes.
16-My first slumber party, I ran away, my first concert, first pin-up heartthrob, mowed my first lawn, first boyfriend.
17-We only lived here a month or so, but cashed in my penny collection, and discovered New Kids on The Block.
18-Went to Disneyland, pool table in basement, had people live with us, first became obsessed with NKOTB.
19-Spring break quake, baptized, took and taught bass lessons, NKOTB concert, graduated, and got first job.
For this layout, I used We R Memory Keepers pp, letters, arrow; Bazzill cs for maps and journaling; Prima flowers, misc brads, and embroidery thread
This one is for the "Int'l Talk Like A Pirate Day" challenge at AMR. I went to this link and did the quiz (w/brother via phone) to find out his pirate name, and this link to translate my journaling. I used Bazzill cs, Crate Paper Static pp, inked and stickled Grungeboard, and Deja Views frames jewels.
Whew, if you are still here, you are a dedicated fan! lol
Today, I am going to Christina's house to crop with a couple other gals to celebrate her birthday! I am sure we will have tons of fun, and more pics to share!

(GR users comment here)

4 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

Love the scored design page! I like how the journaling is written on scored lines. AND OMGoodness...love the map one. Such a cool idea! I lived in one house for my entire childhood so that map would be REAL boring! After marriage I have moved 9 times so far!

Have fun scrappin! Wish I was in OR! I did plan a girls day out today. Is it a bad thing when you go to call up your friends to go out and you just wish you could call you bloggy buddies. I need some new friends here in reality.

Lorie said...

I like the map with all of the places you have lived. Very clever.

Pamela said...

You really got so much done! And I love it all! Great stuff! :)

Kay said...

the way you did that map LO is genius!!