Monday, September 15, 2008

Scrappy Retail Therapy ROCKS!

While things have been tight, all our bills are paid and I decided to go do a little scrappy shopping! I did good, really I did! I held off on SO MANY things! While I prefer to support my local scrapbook stores (LSS), I pop into the the big box stores ((BBS), Michael's JoAnne's) every once in a while. I went to Michael's today, and found BASIC GREY! Ok, I admit it, that is why I went. It really irks me that they have some of the new BG before the LSS's can get it, but it is only 2 lines, and you have to buy the pad and no extras are offered. It works for me because ONE, BG is my favorite paper line, TWO, I always buy the collection packs anyway and rarely use the diecuts/letters that come in them, and THREE, they were 40% off this week, making each pad, with 2 of each piece of paper, 12 bucks! These are 12x12. Retail for the same quantity of paper in an LSS is average $32, for only one line! I say I did good, and I promise (I'm talking to the people of Basic Grey), I will still buy the other 3 sets I still want when my LSS gets them! I got Urban Prairie and Granola.
At my LSS, I found some Mr. Campy from Cosmo Cricket. I saw this originally but was not liking it-I think I was stuck on the marshmallow thing! I saw it today and fell in love. These are the only 6 papers they had left! Trust me, you gotta see this is person, it is so cute!!
Here are the backs of the same papers.
At LSS, I also picked up some cs and that new Bo Bunny Dotted cardstock for my fall ATCs at AMR, and found some of the new Bazzill Swiss Dots cardstock! They only had 3 colors cause she herself didn't like it from the pictures, but after seeing it, will be ordering tons more! I am loving this new texture!! I also got a cute Sassafras Lass paper from the Pocket Full of Rosies collection!
Bad photo, but I think you can see the texture here.
The LSS also had these Pebbles Inc Foam alphabet stamps for $1.25 each! These are large sets people, and were originally marked $5! I didn't buy them for $5, but did buy them for $1.25!!
I also picked up some Kaiser Crafts rubons at LSS, and picked up some Staz On at Michael's (used 3 separate 50% off coupons) and also some Staz On cleaner and the foam brushes are 20/$1.00 again at Michael's!
All in all, I did fairly well! I can never figure out why when you get home from shopping, and start putting things away, it always seems like it isn't a lot of stuff!!
.
Be on the lookout for these things in the near future!! I am off to scrapbook now!!!
.
(GR users comment here)

3 comments:

Christina Carnoy said...

wait a minute! they're 40% off WITHOUT a coupon???? I am so going tomorrow after work and getting myself that urban prairie for my birthday present!!!!!!!

tigardlilly said...

Marilyn, it's time. put the paper down. Slowly back away, don't worry, it'll be safe on the table. Just like an infant, co-sleeping with your paper can be dangerous. What if you roll over on it? You'd, you'd...I can't say it...OK, OK, I composed..YOU'D BOOGER THE CORNERS!

Scrappy Girl said...

LOL Tigardlilly!

Love all the goodies you got! I just saw where Michaels is having a 1000th store sale. The cricut cartridges are $39.99! If I didn't live 1.5 hours away I would go! Happy Scrappin!