Wednesday, September 10, 2008

More Challenges

Wouldn't ya know it, more challenges! I love challenges. It stretches me, and I end up with so much variety in my pages!
.
This is for Pink Sketches, a double page layout, which I am so out of practice doing! I used to only do 2 page layouts, I am much happier with 1 pagers, lol! The sketch was pretty basic, I played with it a lot, but it never looked balanced, so I went with the sketch pretty much to the letter. You can see the sketch here.
I used Bazzill cs, Foofalah die cut sheet, misc buttons which I stacked together and threaded together, my new Crafter's Workshop template and white Uniball Signo pen to make faux stitching, Queen & Company plastic flowers (thanks kay) and MM Brads.
.
Sandy over at AMR has hit 5000 posts and is having 2 challenges. This first one is 5 cards, each with 5 items-card stock not included. Do you know how hard it is to make 5 different cards, and trying to make them each different, with limited supplies? I found it very difficult, plus, I had to cut into my Basic Grey Figgy Pudding, which I haven't used (except for 1 sheet) since I bought it! If I use it, I won't have it anymore! I KNOW some of you understand this!! lol I will warn you, I am getting low on embellishments, other than brads, flowers, skittles, buttons. I counted multiples of the same embellishment as one.
Here are all 5 of them...

Card 1, Bazzill cs, BG Figgy Pudding, Target Dollar Spot ribbon, rhinestones, Studio G stamp and Stickles on the snowflakes in the paper. Card 2, Bazzill cs, BG Figgy Pudding, ribbon, Studio G stamps, skittles, Marvy Artist pen for the outlines and dots.
Card 3, Bazzill cs, BG Figgy Pudding, Inque Boutique stamp, Stickles, Studio G stamps, Making Memories ribbon.
Card 4, Bazzill cs, BG Figgy Pudding die cut sticker, ribbon, Creative Imaginations rub on, rhinestones, button.
Card 5, Bazzill cs, BG Figgy Pudding die cut sticker, Creative Imaginations rub on, American Crafts brad, ribbon, Kaiser Crafts pearls.

.
Here is her layout challenge, make a layout with 5 photos, 5 papers, 5 journaling strips, and 5 embellishments. I used all Basic Grey Archaic (5 kinds), Bazzill for my journaling strips, Making Memory brads (5), Bazzill chipboard arrow that I inked (1), ribbon unknown (1), dyed skittles (3), and buttons (3).

.

This is for Crop-O-Holic's blog challenge, make a layout about something you did this summer. One thing we did was go to the Rose Festival Grand Floral Parade and had to camp out the night before to save our spot. At night, the boys and I went to the roof of the parking garage to see the city lights and burn off some steam. I used Bazzill card stock, Dream Street paper, American Crafts Thickers which I inked, misc chipboard shapes (already covered), Maya Road chipboard owl which I also inked, and Target Dollar Spot rubber stamp letters..

I got the inchies I made a while back for the swap at AMR. We made 2 for everybody, most people made 2 different kinds. Aren't they just adorable? I plan to "collect" them like ATCs, a local stamping store sells inchie page protectors!

And, just in case anyone knows anyone who works on cars for a living, we are selling our Modis. It is a computer diagnostic machine that interfaces with the vehicle's computer. We are looking to get $2000, which is way below the actual value. It is pretty cool, and saves lots of diagnostic and repair time, not to mention saves on unneeded repairs and misdiagnosis. .

(GR users comment here)

4 comments:

tigardlilly said...

still up? call me.

Scrappy Girl said...

Love the campin' out page and those 5 cards are great! How cool do all those inchies look! I am participating in the alternate shape inchie swap but I am going to do them after I get this party over with. Things are starting to come together with it and we are all getting excited!

Scrappy Girl said...

You just gave me a mini heart attack! The alternate inchie swap was closed on 9/1 and due on 9/30! Ahhhhhh! LOL! I'm awake now!

Deb said...

Wow girl, you have been busy! Love what you did with the sketch at Pink Sketches! Awesome page, and thanks for sharing!

Deb
Pink Sketches DT