Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Just Another Day...

Here is the layout I did for The Story Matters. We were supposed to scrap about current events/issues that affect us. I chose healthcare.
I used Bazzill cs, Cosmo Cricket Hello Sunshine and Dream Street pp, American Crafts Thickers, Felt Fusion, Glitz Frosting, rippled and stapled my ribbon, and did computer journaling using one of Ali's fonts. The Journaling reads....
"I have numerous medical issues. Having no college, it is very difficult to get a job that has benefits such as healthcare, same with my husband. Right now, we have no medical insurance, so we are not able to get the medical care we need. There are so many people in this country without necessary healthcare. If you have ever been without healthcare, you know that it is a luxury. Medical insurance is expensive, but it also drives the out-of-pocket cost up on healthcare. Here in my state, the state-funded healthcare is only available to children. I would love to see the government do something to help those of us who have no healthcare. I know having a universal healthcare system would be strenuous to our economy, but at least Americans can get the care they need. We may not have good jobs, we may only make $8.00 an hour, but does that mean we can’t see a doctor when we are sick or not be able to get the medications we need that help keep us healthy? I don’t think so. Until medical care costs decrease, good people like me will continue to suffer, and I think that is a terrible thing for one of the richest countries in the world."
Here are my numerous "afflictions". Now you see why healthcare is so important to me.
On a good note, I got some scrappy mail today, I received 2 RAKs from Nicole of Crop-O-Holic's Creations. One was some ribbon she was giving away, first come first served. The stamp set was for her blog challenge. I was the only one who entered, so it was pretty obvious it was me. She just told me yesterday about it and I got it today! Look how cute and organized that ribbon is all bundled up!
This stamp set came with ink and an acrylic block, how cool is that?! I am in desperate need of Christmas stamps too!!
Look at the variety of ribbon she gave me!!
Thanks Nicole!!!
.
We have new landlords, and they have been fixing up our building-which is good! The problem is, they are redoing the roof today (and for the rest of the week I am sure). I can't stand the noise!!!!! All I can do is plug my headphones into my speakers, crank it up, and try to block out all the banging, scrapping, and stomping! Thank goodness for Depeche Mode and thier LOUD music, lol! I am just glad they weren't here yesterday, I had such a bad migraine!
.
If you are a frequenter of my blog, I would love to know about it. I love my blog readers, you have no idea how much I appreciate it! Also, check out my blog list on my sidebar. Those are all the blogs I subscribe to. If you have a blog, and it is not there, chances are I don't know about it! I am sure you know how overwhelming it is to go searching for new blogs!
Scrap ya later!
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's sooooooooo Cool

Scrappy Girl said...

I love the idea to scrap about an issue that affects you. Healthcare is a huge frustration from all different points of view. I know that at times Dr. Hubby gets frustrated that an insurance will not cover a medication that his patient needs. The patient may not be able to afford it on their own and therefore another less effective medicine must be prescribed. Pathetic!

IamDerby said...

I hear you on healthcare! I have insurance, but I also have a life threatening chronic illness (type 1 diabetes) I must have insulin everyday or I die, so I often worry what would happen if I was unable to work. Scary stuff when you are sick.

Penny Smith said...

Well, no, maybe not forget us! But I SO enjoy the familiar faces!! I now lurk on some of you regulars blogs, just to see what your up to, get some inspiration... :)

Thanks lady! Can't wait to see what you come up with!!