Monday, September 29, 2008

Finally, I get to share!!

It is Monday which means I finally get to post my challenge at Scrapbook Challenges (SBC) which also means I can share it with you! I decided to highlight felt with my challenge, which I rightly called "Feel Your Way With Felt". I cut used some Queen and Co Felt Fusion, some pre-done brackets by Tinkering Ink, cut out shapes from a felt piece at the dollar store then stickled it for some pop, I hand cut tear drop shapes and made a flower, I traced letters on the felt and cut out my title, and free handed a little line and sewed some buttons on. It was a lot of fun to make!
This is the SBC sketch for this week, well my take anyway! The pics are bad because they are in the shade with the background in full sun-before I knew anything about photography! I still don't know much about it, but I know a bit more about lighting now! I used Sassafras Lass pp, Scenic Route chipboard circle frame which I inked, Technique Tuesday journal stamp which I left parts uninked on purpose, Target Dollar spot chipboard letter negatives which I stripped and inked, Maya Road rubon, MM letter rubons, and Prima flowers.
Another challenge for SBC (last week), use lace. I used Daisy Bucket paper, Basic Grey rubons, gigantic gold brads which I painted then put some pearl alcohol ink Mixatives on to make them "pearly", Scrapworks chipboard letters, Scrappy Cat Stamps (by the), and of course the lace. I used just a strip at the top, I pleated and stapled some on the bottom, and used some embroidery floss and made a flower near the top.
Close up of the lace flower and my painted, pearly brad.
The other SBC challenge this week is called "write stuff", use a journal stamp on your layout. Pretty simple, but I ran out of ideas for this page. I used a sheet of Black Market Paper Society, cut out the flowers/flourishes and added Prima flowers and Kaiser Crafts Pearls, I used the opposite side of the paper for the photo mat, used Technique Tuesday stamps for all the stamping.
I am also doing the Week In The Life with Ali Edwards this week. I am having trouble this first day, remembering to document things. These are all the photos I took today. I will do better tomorrow, I promise Ali, like she comes here, lol!!
.
First thing I do in the morning, check my reader.
This is what came in the mail today!
My husband, playing video games, such a normal thing day after day after day...
My snack, what can I say, it is better than potato chips!
In the middle of scrappin'!
Frying chicken for dinner.
Dinner, fried chicken, stuffing, rice-a-roni, and mixed veggies. Like I said, my dad is very picky and particular with his food, but oh so good!
Tea, Chai Spice to be exact! Oops, forgot to edit the photo, sorry it is sideways!
I know my life seems boring and yes, most of my photos are at my scrap desk, but that is where I hang out all day! What can I say, I have no life-LOL!!
.
I will post more A Week In The Life photos tomorrow! I look forward to doing this project and I just hope I can keep it up. Now I just need to work on documenting my day on paper!
.
(GR users comment here)

1 comment:

Scrappy Girl said...

I love the felt! I haven't worked much with it. I need to branch out more with my embellishments.

Dr. Hubby is currently playing Animal Crossing on Game Cube. We were all addicted to that game about 4 years ago. We all had a memory card with our town on it. We wouldn't allow anyone else in our town. We would hide the cards...Dr. Hubby would even take his to work with him. LOL! What game is your hubby currently playing? What game system?