Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Little Bit of Everything

I know, it has been a few days since my last post. I wish I could say I have been MIA for good reasons, but I cannot, lol! I have got some scrapping done, and some shopping! But first things first, I got some challenges to share.
.
This is for Pink Sketches. I am really liking their challenges/sketches. The new sketch is up and running already and there is no deadline either! I used Bazzill cs, BG Archaic, Hambly overlay, inchies I made for AMR's alternate shape inchie swap, misc ribbon/flowers/buttons, Kaiser Crafts rubon, Target Dollar Spot Halloween glitter stickers for the title.
This one is for a new challenge blog, InkaDink. This first challenge was anything about me, so I chose my love of scrapbooking, obviously, lol! I used BG Urban Prairie, MM Noteworthy scrap, Teresa Collins journaling block which I punch holes with my Crop-O-Dile and pulled my paper piercer through to make it look like I tore it out of a notebook, Prima and misc flowers with misc buttons, Cuttlebug letters, then I sanded the edges of my photo (suggested by hubby) for a different look. I also cut a butterfly out of more Urban Prairie, stickled it, and pop-dotted it.
This one is for a challenge at Scrapbook Challenges, White Space. I don't usually do white space, so this still feels incomplete to me, but I do like it. I used Bazzill cs, Cosmo Cricket Cogsmo, I inked and used Glossy Accents on a Grungeboard flourish (suggested by hubby), American Crafts Thickers, MM Grommets, misc square brads, and Jo Annes Essentials epoxy stickers.
This is an ATC I made for All Moments Remembered (AMR). This was a year long Four Seasons Swap, where we do an ATC for each season. This is the second one, Fall. I used Bazzill CS, Bo Bunny Dotted pp, Target Dollar Spot stamp which is embossed, Christmas ribbon from Michael's, and felt leaves from Target Dollar Spot (last year, so don't go try to find them). It was a simple ATC, but I think it still looks awesome.
Another ATC for AMR, this one is for our weekly Scrap Chat Hour, where we get paired up with one person to swap with based on our theme, Fall. I was gonna try to cheat and give the same ATC, but the recipient is already in the four seasons swap. I am glad, because I really like this one. I used Bazzill cs, October Afternoon pp, Studio G stamps. My husband didn't think this represented fall, but I explained to him that fall is apple season and he gets it now. He grew up in San Joaquin Valley, so he wasn't around apples as they grew and were harvested. I hope this is "fall" enough.
AMR is having another swap going on, deco squares. They are like inchies or ATCs, but are 3x3. This swap's theme is Halloween. I picked this stuff up yesterday, wait till you see what I come up with! I just hope I can create what I have in my mind.
So, yesterday, tigardlilly and I drove down to Salem to visit Scrapbook Fever. We have heard a lot about this store and have been dying to go for some time. We finally went! Wow, this store is awesome! It is big, as far as LSSs go, and roomy! It is my vision of what a Scrapbook store should be! They have a huge variety of stuff and I think the layout of the store and merchandising it very user friendly! When I walked in, I just stood at the door in awe! The link above shows pics of the store! It felt so inviting and NOT crowded, which has been my experience at most LSSs.
I found my most favorite thing....BASIC GREY!!
Ambrosia
and Eva!
Bazzill Dotted Swiss cardstock!!
Core'dinations cardstock!! 4x6 mini collection! These will be perfect for photo mats and paper piecing!! I tried one of the sheets, it is so cool! The core is a slightly lighter, coordinating color for sanding, tearing, etc. No inking needed!!
We also went to Michael's, and I scored the entire set of Studio G series 17 stamps..and a 6x6 pad of Basic Grey Mellow!
The previous day, while cropping at tigardlilly's house, I found this beauty in her bathroom!! It appears that I did in fact receive my September CK magazine, it even has my name on it! Why was this in her bathroom? Well the fact that I went digging through her pile of mags for reading material really speaks for itself! LOL!
Lastly, I got this card the other day from a fellow AMR member, how thoughtful was that!!! Thank you Cyndi!!


I think that about covers everything for now. I will be back tomorrow with my DT challenge for Scrapbook Challenges, and the sketch for the week. I have been dying to share my challenge for a couple weeks now, so I am super excited!! Have a great Sunday!
.
(GR users comment here)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your me page! See you over at InkaDink.

Scrappy Girl said...

Love your layouts...I think I start my comment with that same sentence every time...LOL! They are all nice. The white space layouts make me uncomfortable. I have only done one...I love how they look in the end though.

Too funny about finding the mag...that is exactly where some of mine are...well not at tigardlilly's...at my house in the bathroom.

How are things going? I was a little concerned when you didn't post for a few days. You had said you weren't doing well. Hope things are ok...

BTW...I tagged you over at my blog...Enjoy!

Christina Carnoy said...

Beautiful layouts!!!! And next time you go to scrapbook fever, I totally want to go, guess I better start saving my babysitting money now, huh???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pamela said...

Love all of your stuff!!! :)