Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sassafras Lass

This makes me a little nervous, a challenge for Sassafras Lass themselves! The challenge is create layouts, cards, and projects using thier clear stamps. I only have one set, it is Big Top. Tigardlilly has 3, Botanical, Mini Hombre, and Oliver & Friends. We got together the other night and shared our stamps, and I shared my supply of thier papers. I used the Serendipity-Owl Pals line-Allure, Honeybunch, and the die cut sheet. We had a lot of fun! I love their stuff but am always scared to use it. Thier patterns are so bright and amazing, thier stamps are really great quality too!
.
So here is what I came up with. It is not the result I was looking for, but I am going to submit it anyway. In addition to the supplies I already mentioned, I used some ribbon, rhinestones, Stickles, and Bazzill cs. I stamped with the Big Top, cut out the clouds and stamped the title with Mini Hombre, cut out an owl, stamped the branch and pop-dotted him. Used a die cut owl and scallop punched it for the date, put on some ribbon and put rhinestones on it.
.
This one I tried to make my own patterned paper with the Big Top stamps. They are really cool, you can flip the stamp over and have a double stamped image-I tried that technique here. I stamped the owls and pop-dotted them, used some American Crafts ribbon, stamped the title with Mini Hombre and Stickled the stamped owl on the die cut for the title.
.
This is a card I made. Used Big Top again, put buttons in the center of them. I hand wrote the title since I did this at home without tigardlilly's stamps. I also used a Sakura Glaze Pen to "emboss" the title. Made inchies and put a Basic Grey fiber over it.
.
I will be honest, I don't feel I did thier product any justice, but it is really hard to use such big, vibrant paper and stamps! This was a real stretch for me, but I know if I had more variety of stamps (and more time) I could do a much better job!

(GR Users, comment here)

1 comment:

Scrappy Girl said...

Love those cute little owls. Isn't it fun to have friends to share scrap supplies with! My Mom is a great "sharer." Hope you are having a great weekend!