Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Another Busy Day

Using my new flip calendar, I was able to prioritize the challenges I need to get done first!
This first layout is for Scrapbook Cafe, a scrapbook supply store in New Jersey! I was checking out their website site, and oh MAN, I wish I lived there! The challenge this month was to use Webster's Pages and a summer theme. I used Webster's Pages-Sweet Charity Collection-both sides of both papers, Bazzill CS, Technique Tuesday Stamps-Pocket Full of Posies, Fiskars stamps for the title, a random saying I got as a RAK (thanks Kim), and some rhinetones. The posies are stamped, cut out, traced with Crystal Stickles, and pop-dotted. The title was a happy accident, my original title had a backwards letter, lol! So I restamped it on a scrap piece of paper, inked it, and pop-dotted it.
.
This one is for One Little Word, or OLW. I am so glad I found this blog, it is amazing!! The challenge was to share a story of faith, whatever it is to you. I chose to, yet again, scrap my dream of having a child. I used Black Market Paper Society-Ebony & Alabaster, October Afternoon scraps-Detours/Picnic Basket, a plastic journal card from the RAK from Detta (thanks), Turquoise and Aqua Stickles, Prima Flowers, DCWV Glitter CS, Dyed "skittles", and glittery chipboard letters from Target Dollar Spot. Picture is courtesy of Kaydrenth (her friend actually, but she said it was ok too). Thanks Kay! Journaling reads...I was given a promise that He will give me a child. I often doubt it, but am always reminded of His promise..."Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4
.
I went to the post office today, and mailed off a RAK, 2 swaps, and 4 cards! It feels good to get some of that done-there are still more swaps to be done, but you know I love the pressure! I also recieved my Four Seasons-Summer ATCs today from a swap on AMR, aren't they amazing?? There is such an amazing group of ladies over there!
.

GR users, click here to comment.

3 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

Everything is gorgeous! The Faith page is my favorite. You are so talented. Love all those ATCs too!

Debbie said...

Both great LO's Marilyn!! But I love the Faith one! Love that scripture. Keep the faith!

Lynn said...

I LOVe your take on the word FAITH!

Lynn
OLW