Monday, August 25, 2008

Catching Up Big Time!

My scrapbooking to-do list is dwindling down! I am leaving on Wednesday for a mini-vacation with tigardlilly and won't be back until Sunday night-WOO HOO! I had quite a few challenges due by then, so I had to play catch up! As usual, I am sharing them here, just for you!
.
This one was for Scrapbook Cafe's Saturday night challenge, it is listed on my blog under Southern Breezes. We were supposed to make a card using layers. I used paper scraps from Basic Grey's Phresh & Phunky line, Bazzill cs, Studio G and Autumn Leaves stamps, ribbon, Maya Road rubon (which was too black so I inked over it with alabaster Color Box Chalk, and a button..
This one is for Pink Sketches, thier 2nd challenge. I used Bazzill cs, Luxe Designs scraps, K&I Memories Lace Cardstock-which was again too white, so I chalked over it with dry chalk, American Crafts Thickers which I inked, Heidi Swap Journal tabs, MM Noteworthy which I trimmed off the color, Prima flowers, skittles, ribbon, K&Co rubons.
.
This one is for a challenge over at AMR, the 4th week of August using one vintage or older photo and a new photo. This my mom, and though she thinks she looks disgusting, I think she is still a beautiful woman! I used MM Passport paper, American Crafts paper scraps and rubon, SEI ribbon, Target $Spot chipboard letters which I stripped off the ugly paper, misc flower and button.
.
This one is for Scrapbook Playground, using stamps creatively. I used Bazzill cs, Sassafras Lass paper scraps, American Crafts Thickers which I stamped, Deja Views framed jewels, and Technique Tuesday stamps and twill ribbon. I used Loves Me, Loves Me Not to make the flower and some little stamps, Hanging by a thread to stamp the twill, Kabloom for the title, and Storytellers-Ledger partially inked for the journaling..

This is #1 of 3 for the AMR Book About Me, childhood years. She wants us to do at least pages. I used Bazzill cs, October Afternoon, Bo Bunny sticker, Jenni Bowlin letters, Dress It Up plastic apple, Bazzill Flowers, 7 Gyspies journaling tag with MM eyelet, and buttons.

.

This is #2 of 3 for the AMR Book About Me, childhood years. I used DCWV cs, October Afternoon pp, more uncovered Target $Spot chipboard letters which this time I inked and made faux stitches, Prima flowers, buttons, ribbon, and embroidery thread to stitch using Bazzill In Stitches template.

.

This is #3 of 3 for the AMR Book About Me, childhood years. I used Basic Grey pp, MM Noteworthy, Felt Fusion, Grungeboard which I inked and Stickled, and Me & My BIG Idea rhinestone title. .
On another note, While I was not a winner at Sassafras for thier stamping call, my card was shown as one of the favorites! Check it out here!

One more fun note...If you didn't already know, I love Jane Austen and her books! I did a little quiz that I found on tigardlilly's blog, and as it turns out, I am Marianne Dashwood! I have it over on my sidebar. If you do it, let me know in my comments who you are!!

.

I won't be around after tomorrow, as we are going to an indoor waterpark Wednesday and coming home Thursday night, then leaving Friday morning for a 2 night stay at Newport! I absolutely CANNOT wait!!!

.
(GR users comment here)

6 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

Wow! You have been a busy gal! Love all your scrappiness. Thank you SO much for the card. I posted it on my blog and if you read my post you will see that it couldn't have came at a better time. Thank you. I SO wished we lived closer.

You are getting to go on a trip! Now you can escape reality too! I will warn you though....you have to come back! LOL! Have fun! I will miss your posts!

Scrappy Girl said...

BTW, I was Marianne Dashwood too!

Lori K said...

Great pages! I love what you did with the pink sketches design!

Christina Carnoy said...

I love your layouts! they are really good!!!!

Erica Hettwer said...

I saw you on the Sassafras Lass blog! Way to go!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Love your card and your layouts!! Thanks for playing along with the Saturday Night Challenge!! Good luck!