Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Not Yet!! :) :) :)

I got home today, and was pleasantly surprised to find I still have my internet, so here are some things I have been working on and doing.


First is another challenge at To the Starres and back...... This one is all about the bling! I got it done at the last minute, I am still wondering if I will even make the deadline! I haven't had any time, so I forced myself to stay up tonight and get it done! I used Glitz Frosting, 4 colors of Stickles (3 on grungeboard stars and 1 on the journaling square), Bazzill Bling Paper, American Crafts Thickers (already glittered), Scrapworks Shimmer Shapes for the big blue star, and rhinestones on the felt fusion. Now that I list all the bling I used, I am worried it won't be enough bling! The printed paper is BG Archaic. The journaling reads....Daddy-From young to old, many things have changed. You can't give me piggyback rides anymore, I bait my own hooks, and I no longer like to get belly scratches with your chin. Some things have not changed. I still need your advice, I still love it when you wiggle your ears, and I still love and admire you!




This is a Father's Day card for my brother. I was totally out of ideas, so this is what I came up with.

This is a card I designed for work, since I do all the birthday cards for the customers. Again, couldn't think of much.
This is the birthday card I made on Sunday for my sister-in-law with scraps.
This one is a challenge on AMR, a progressive challenge. We added one element each day for 2 weeks. We were given very specific directions and had to follow them. The only substitution I made was on the fabric tag. I don't have any fabric, so I used felt-but I had permission lol!

Last weekend my brother came into town for his yearly visit. My DH, brother and nephew decided to hit the batting cages (no pun intended). I got tons of shots of everybody else-note the lack of chainlink fence in the shots. Take a look at the wonderful shot my hubby took of me batting!!! They are ALL like this. How on earth am I going to scrap that?!? No wonder I don't scrap myself, I am not taking them and they are crap! The shots I took are not zoomed in, just cropped square at thier original size. The photo of me, I zoomed in to crop.






I just assumed he would know to put the camera lens through the fence and zoom in, but NOOOOO, that would be too much work. I am so mad and disappointed.

4 comments:

Kimmie said...

great job on the cards!

Kimmie Use Your Stash

Scrappy Girl said...

Looks like you have been busy.

I haven't been to the batting cages in a long time. Looks like fun.

I too have trouble handing my camera over to someone else. That is one of the reasons I am not in alot of our photos. I always give them instructions, tell them where to stand, set the zoom, and make them take more than one. LOL!

Kim Watson said...

Marilyn...all fixed! When I checked my mail this am...yours hadn't come through yet....I even checked your blog just in case. But heck...don't worry about a thing...I added it to our beautiful collection. Well done! Boy bling is really hard to do!!

Thanks again for playing along!
~KJ
:o)

Christina Carnoy said...

cute layouts and cards!!! Our lives are going through yet another craptabulous episode as well!!!