Thursday, June 5, 2008

I Found Time To Scrap!

This first layout was done for a challenge on KJ Starre's Blog. She posted a challenge to do a layout based on a Simple Scrapbooks layout and we were supposed to do it about someone we admire. I chose to "admire" tigardlilly as a single mom, who has her two nephews living with her permanently. I know she works very hard to raise them and has given up a lot in her own personal life. Here's to you tigardlilly!


I made my own transparency overlay with white Staz On and Studio G stamps and inked the edges. I used Thickers and Tim Holtz's Distressing Ink to ink the letters. I like how the ink came away from the edge and gives the letters a sanded look. I also used Technique Tuesday Hanging By A Thread stamps and Storytellers stamp (without the bracket). I used an Imaginisce stamp for the flower. All the stamping was done with the Distressing Ink as well. The cardstock is a Walmart cardstock slab, and the printed paper is American Crafts Sixth Avenue.




This was the layout we were supposed to scraplift. Sometimes I take my scraplifting a little too serious! lol

This is the make and take I did for our Customer Appreciation Night at work. I didn't design it, but I got to make my own copy which I added my own touch to...Stickles! It used all American Crafts Kids collection...paper, ribbon, chipboard shapes, brads. The fonts used were from CK's Fresh Fonts by Ali Edwards, recognize the handwriting? I also used a Stardust pen by Sakura around the circle. This make and take turned out to be a hit, or so I was told. It was fun, but I am exhausted!



9 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

Tigardlilly is probably honored you chose her and it sounds like she deserves your admiration. Love the scraplift.

Christina Carnoy said...

great lo's and your make and take was a hit! I know, because I was there! It was so fun!

tigardlilly said...

Awww, Marilyn, you make me misty! I had to give the boys an extra hug this morning.

Looks like a fun make and take too, wish I could have been there.

Kim Watson said...

Great L.O! thanks for playing...it will be posted tomorrow with the others.
KJ-------o

Erica Hettwer said...

That is so sweet! :D

Jingle said...

Cute pages, Marilyn! I love that you had to specify that you added stickles! LOL! Of course YOU added STICKLES! LOL!

scrapinmary said...

Marilyn, I love your layout pages they are great and I bet Laura's tickled that you admire her.

Lynn said...

Marilyn...just answering some questions you asked on my blog...I am in Gresham. The new store (Collage) is on NE 17th and Alberta and they also have on in the Woodstock area!

Anonymous said...

hi marilyn