Friday, June 6, 2008

I Think I Like Blog Challenges!!

I found another blog challenge over at Koala Fuzz. She posted this picture, and said if it inspires us, do something with it...



This idea popped right into my head, and has been there for 3 days! This is what I came up with...
It inspired me, because of all the rich colors and great design. The first thing that I thought of was the Martha Stewart border punch that tigardlilly has.."hmmm, I could use that and make lace bottoms for my "hanging" linens. I used my photo mats and magenta flower as the furniture. The flowers I used represent pillows and potted plants. I really enjoyed this because I wouldn't normally use these colors together at all, never in a million years! (do you think the pages will still be around in a million years-lol) When I started this page, all I was thinking about was my color panels at the top!

All the paper I used was Bazzill cardstock, and all scraps! For the title, I used Technique Tuesday stamps, and the flourish is Studio G. I used a Color Box Chalk Pad for the ink, then used a Sakura Glaze Pen over all the stamping to give it an embossed look! Don't forget about the Stickles used as flower centers!
It is 2 am, I am off to bed. I still have packing to do tomorrow, and my goal is to be downtown at 10 am! It is supposed to rain all day Friday and Saturday, so this is sure going to be interesting!

4 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

I love your inspiration! Cute! Hope you have a fun weekend. Try to stay dry!

obxpatti said...

Nice LOs! I love how you made the linens and made the lace. Keep that mojo flowing!

tigardlilly said...

What a great way to use up some scraps!

Kay said...

I really like how you did the 'lace' at the bottoms. Very creative!