Sunday, April 5, 2009

6 Hour Scrappy Reorg

Yep, I finally got to redo my tiny scrapspace! It was not by choice though! See the shelf in the photo below?

It fell!!! I was standing right below it, put a package of Thickers on it, and KABAM!! My nose took the brunt of the fall, but it is ok! It turns out one of the wall anchors snapped in half!! Everything fell down, embellishment containers spilled, stamps fell out of thier binders, Cricut cartridges opened up and went everywhere, and my Cricut and Silhouette fell 6 feet to the floor! This is what it looked like after I picked everything up...

I had to fix my desk, it has been coming apart in the middle for a while, so everything came off!! I fixed the desk, reassembled the computer, readjusted the brackets on the shelf and put it into studs this time! Moved some things around, added a couple plastic shelves, and I have more space and I think it will be a lot more useful! Now, the lights on the bottom of my shelf are actually over my work, rather than off to the right casting a constant shadow!! I even found a way to have my Cricut and Silhouette pluged in all the time, just pull it out, set it on a TV tray and use it! That wasn't possible before!! I really like it!

4 comments:

tigardlilly said...

ohhhh..the scap-tastrophe

PattiM said...

I hope everything is alright with the electronics.... Glad your alright too.... Yep, I put the machines before you... LOL JK I like your scrap space, all clean and organized. Mines a mess from creating this week and I'm too lazy to do anything about it... Hope your having a great Sunday!!
Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

Christina Carnoy said...

Laura you're funny-a scrap-tastrophe! (On a scrap-tastrophic scale???) yuck yuck yuck...I'm so sorry that happened, it really sucks, but the area looks totally better now and if it is also more usable, then YAY!!! It's a happy mistake, right?

Scrappy Girl said...

Looks great! Glad your nose is ok...it always hurts getting hit in the nose.