Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Birthday

First things first, I gotta share a couple layouts, this is a scrappy blog afterall!
.
This one is for Method Playground, Chipboard Piecing. I used Bazzill cs, Jenni Bowlin pp, Luxe Designs pp, and Cosmo Cricket pp, Bazzil Just the edge which I inked, Technique Tuesday Fundamental Rings which I inked as well, Bazzill flourish chipboard, Walmart chipboard "!", MM flowers, dyed "skittles", Cloud 9 Designs Rain Dots, Bazzill chipboard letters, American Crafts Thickers, and 7-Gypsies stamp for journaling.
I made the butterfly with 2 of these Bazzill chipboard pieces, by cutting off one end of each piece. I painted the 2 pieces, put them together, added wire for the antennas, and held together by the exclamation point!
This one is for One Little Word, the word this time is Change. I spent an hour going through my photos, and I found shots from 2 different trips to Oceanside, taken at almost the exact same place. There had been a massive storm last winter, and it totally changed the beach! The big rock that you see on the left, is no longer there, and all these other rocks were rolled in!
I used BG Granola, Bazzill cs (the backside of some bling), Walmart chipboard letters that were covered in silver glitter-I sanded it off, Felt Fusion, Glitz Frosting scraps, and a Kaiser Craft rubon (not the best quality rubon).

.

Now, on to my birthday! I can't help but still be excited on my birthday, can you tell?!

It was a good day. It started with the line of phone calls telling me Happy Birthday. The mail came, and I got a card from a CKMBer, and I don't even go there anymore. I thought it was VERY sweet! Then, tigardlilly picked me up and took me to lunch, we had Thai food, and my stomach is still paying for it, but it was worth it! She got me these Memento Inks and Staz On reinker, which were both on my wishlist! Thanks Tigardlilly!She made this adorable card too, LOVE IT!

We followed that up with a trip to the Post Office to mail some swap stuff-forgot to take photos, then realized hours later, my Halloween Deco Squares weren't done! I will have to mail her the backs of them so she can add them on for me. I will get a photo of it when they come back to me in a few weeks, forgot a pic of those too! Oops, got sidetracked there, where was I? Oh yeah, after that we went to The Peddler Pack, a stamping store. I picked up the entire set of Series 22 Studio G stamps-the Christmas set, so cute! When I got home, I got to open my presents! I was so excited to get these, they were bought for me using my wishlist on my blog!
Mom and Dad got me the Purple Cows 2-1 Paper Trimmer from Costco! I realized after I unpacked it, that my workspace is not large enough to hold this, so I have to figure something out, LOL!

Cliff got me a CUTTLEBUG!!!!! Oh man, I have been wanting one of these for so long! It came with one die and 4 embossing folders, but I am waiting for some cash to get some other stuff. Between Jo's and Mike's, I currently have 7 coupons waiting to be used! Know what is cool about this? Crop-o-Holic shared on AMR that there is a new challenge blog, specifically for using the Cuttlebug, called Cuttlebug Challenges, you KNOW I am excited about that!!

Cliff even made me this card, his first ever! I thought he did a pretty good job, much better than my first one. Then again, he pays attention to what is going on in the scrapping world and is often hanging around while I scrap!

.

(GR users comment here)

6 comments:

Kristy said...

I wish you a happy belated birthday!!!!

Scrappy Girl said...

Happy Belated Bday! I can't believe Cliff made that card...are those stickles??? LOL!

Erica Hettwer said...

Happy belated birthday!!! I can't believe Cliff used Skittles on your card! What a man! :D

Daisy said...

Happy belated Birthday!!!!!

Pamela said...

This is all great stuff! Happy Birthday!

Christina Carnoy said...

Happy Birthday! Your husband's card is soooooooooo cute and your layouts are beautiful and I am so impressed by your flourishes chipboard butterfly! I am sooooo excited about Saturday!