Friday, October 17, 2008

What A Week!

First of all, sorry it has been so long since I blogged, starting on Monday, I was not feeling very well, then something else developed, courtesy of my diabetes! Needless to say, yesterday I hit the county's free clinic, and today I am feeling better, and in a lot less pain! I am back on one of my diabetic meds and an antibiotic!
For fun, here I am eating some chicken tortilla soup...can you tell that Toby is a scavenger??? I might mention his momma, siblings, and him were found when he was a baby, as feral cats! Although he has never gone without in the five years I have had him (since a baby), he constantly thinks he is starving to death!!!
I am at the VERY end of the deadline for these 2 challenges, hope I get them submitted in time!
This week, Pencil Lines and One Little Word teamed up, and the design teams designed for each other's blogs. I don't like to double up on challenges (I think it is cheating), but since I am just able to get to these today, a couple hours before the deadline, and they are teaming up, I figured it was a perfect time to double up.
Pencil Lines uses this sketch...

One Little Word's theme is "KEEP".

I used Bazzill cs, Dream Street pp-Enchanted and Art Nouveau, DCWV-All Dressed Up, Bazzill and Prima Flowers. BTW, don't ink the Bazzill Flowers, they won't stick to anything once inked-LOL, and American Crafts Thickers. This was a challenge on AMR. Make a layout for Stacey (the owner) telling why you love AMR. I used MM Noteworthy pp and die cuts, Prima Flowers, rhinestones, one AC Thickers, and stickled chipboard heart. I haven't sent this yet, haven't really left the house. I will try to get it off tomorrow!
This is also for AMR. Amanda Probst was the guest this month at the online crop last weekend, and challenged us to use one of her Album In A Year sketches, I chose the single page sketch from September. I Used Cloud 9 Design pp, MM metal tag rims, and AC Thickers.
Yesterday, Technique Tuesday has a warehouse sale, which normally they don't even let customer's come in to their office! It was really cool! A lot of the prices were 1/2 off, and I could have gone crazy! Cliff (and my parents) said I could spent $20, so I spent $16 and got lunch too! I got the lower case of the Wayfarer I picked up in Newport last month, for only ten bucks, then a really small Big Timber alpha set for $6! There were lots of deals, but that is all I could do, since I went with mostly alpha sets in mind! I hope they do it again sometime so I can spend more!

One more bit of good news, and you know I am honest and open on my blog.....At last check I weighed 260 lbs....last night I weighed 215!!! I hadn't noticed anything, but the more I thought about it, I had noticed my pants we slipping off my hips more, and my belly doesn't hang like it used to!! I officially weigh less then I did when I got married (245), and only 35 more than when I graduated HS!!! I am attributing it to living here with my parents, and not being able to eat out at every meal. Needless to say, I am VERY motivated to take better care of myself! I have been testing my blood sugar, and trying to eat less!

Thanks!

(GR users comment here)

6 comments:

Erica Hettwer said...

That's wonderful news!

I'm so bummed about the TT warehouse sale. I'd forgotten all about it! :(

Drea said...

Hey Girlie!! It's Drea. I want you to know that I am diabetic also and I know how crappy you can get to feeling when you aren't taking your meds and such......I used to be really bad about taking care of myself. Be GOOD!! Do what you have to to be healthy!

HUGS!!

Drea

Scrappy Girl said...

Love all your creations as usual! The AMR one is really nice.

Congrats on the weight loss! I SO need to get my rear in gear. We weigh the same now BTW! Funny!

Lynn said...

Great layouts! Love yor layout for OLW!

Christina Carnoy said...

congrats on losing weight! I love those layouts, especially the one of the sea lions at newport, that is one of my favorite stops on the coast! and it's a free attraction!!!! how obliging of the sea lions! and I'm very glad that the clinic helped you with your meds! yay!

IamDerby said...

Cute pages! I love the wedding one.