Thursday, October 9, 2008

Lots Going On

Let's get right to business, lol!!
This is for Inkadink, thier 2nd challenge, travel inspired. I chose pics from CKC Seattle last year, do you think we had enough luggage??? Notice the bellhop's cart? Keep in mind we both had our hand full to the brim with even more stuff!!!
I used Bazzill cs, Around The Block pp, MM Notworthy die cut, Jenni Bowlin journaling square, Felt Fusion, Technique Tuesday Wayfarer stamps, American Crafts Thickers, Prima and silk flowers, and buttons.
I couldn't get the colors right for the Thickers, so I brought out 2 Staz On inks and kept playing in it till the color got as close as I could get it before they dried, which on those vinyl letters, took a couple minutes!
This one is for KJ Starre's blog challenge. Use 5 stamps on one layout, 1 of them being stamped background. I hope this works and doesn't look too crowded or busy! I used Bazzill cs and Cosmo Cricket Get Happy pp. Stamps are below.
These are the stamps I used, Autum Leaves flower and flourish, Technique Tuesday Storytellers-Ledger, TT Hanging By A Thread, and TT Borderline-Straight and Narrow.
Done with challenges for now, onto my late bday gift from my brother in Idaho...a $10 gift card to Michaels, and a card!
I also got some stamped images from a swap on AMR. I had to drop out of it due to lack of supplies to make decent images. Guess what? They sent them to me anyway!! How sweet and awesome is that?!
I also got a RAK from Use Your Stash! It is Teresa Collins Spooktacular stuff. There are page protectors, chipboard covers for a mini book, and some 8x8 printed paper. It is all prepunched for the Bind-It-All! Luckily tigardlilly has one I can use whenever I want!
I have been busy the last 2.5 months, since I moved back in with the parents. These 2 albums, minus the first 7 layouts, have been done since moving in. That is a total of 97 layouts in 2.5 months!! My albums are officially full, so from now on my completed layouts will just be stacked on top of each other, or at least till I can afford to buy another album-or 2!!! Problem #2....where will I put said new albums, I am officially out of room too!!
I gotta get going, I have to leave in an hour, still have to shower, to meet tigardlilly for happy hour dinner then off to the Rose Quarter to see.......WEEZER!!! We are very excited. I got an email from the alternative station in town that one day last week, tickets will be on sale for $10.00 (normally $45)!! Well, after the ticket surcharge of $7.50 then the normal booking fees, we still got our tickets for just under 20 bucks each! I cannot wait and am sure to have lots of great, well maybe not great, but lots of pics to share!!
.
(GR users comment here)

5 comments:

Karen said...

I love your LO for the Inkadink Blog - thanks for taking part in our challenge. We now have a new forum, hope you can come check it out http://inkadink.forumotion.net

Karen xx

Scrappy Girl said...

Weezer...How cool! Do they sing "Beverly Hills?" Hope you have a great time.

Jingle said...

Marilyn that top layout is really good! You are just scrapping your heart out!

Oh, and I'm offering a RAK on my blog if you want to check it out!

Unknown said...

Girl your comment cracked me up!
I have tried and tried for DT but I don't get them and the one site I love never recognizes any of my work as good. Their people are all on manufacturers DT's and its downright embarrassing to post anything anymore.
Pretty sad i am happy when I make it and happy when I take a picture but then I post it and feel like shit! (sorry poo doesn't have the same affect LOL)

SABEE said...

Your LO for KIm's Blog challenge is lovely... Like the way you used different colour inks on the flourishes.
Great blog by the way :)