Sunday, October 5, 2008

14 Hours & All I Got Done Was 3 Layouts???

Yep, it's true, this is all I accomplished at my 14 hour crop yesterday! Well, let's call it 12 hours, since we took a long lunch and had a blast!!!
Here is Tigardlilly and Inara...
And me, not quite ready for the picture, but ya gotta do with what ya have!
We missed you Kay and Erica!! :(
.
This is for a blog challenge I just found, Pencil Lines. I really liked this sketch! I used Bazzill cs, Sassafrass pp, borrowed brads from tigardlilly, borrowed Prima flowers from Inara, letters were cut on my new Cuttlebug with cardboard, what a cool technique!! I embossed the orange striped with a Gelly Roll Glaze pen. For Girlie's safety, I covered her name, all but one letter.
This is for Scrapbook Challenges, sketch 111, starts tomorrow. I used only We R Memory Keepers-Promenade pp, American Crafts Thickers, Inkadinkado stamps, wooden circles which I altered, blue and cream ribbon are Bazzill, the green ribbon is unknown.
Here is a close up of the wood circles that I altered up. I painted them, added glitter, then covered all that with Glossy Accents. I think it looks pretty cool! The glitter doesn't show up very well with the Glossy Accents, but I had to do something, the glitter was not sticking very well to the paint. I still like it though
This is for the Book About Me challenge at AMR-K-6th grade. My family had a few hard years, so there are 3 grades missing. I used Bazzill cs, October Afternoon pp-the flowers are the reverse side of the orange/red/white paper, KI Memories Lace cs, American Crafts Thickers-both fonts, MM stamp, and I used Stickles on the edges of the flowers.
This is a card I made for someone at AMR, you know the person I sent my incomplete deco squares to! So I sent her the backs to them and this thank you card. I used Bazzill cs, Cosmo Cricket pp scraps, Inkadinkado stamps, Stickles to decorate stamps, and rhinestones.
I got this card from Inara yesterday for my birthday. Isn't that just adorable?!? It is ALL Making Memories stuff! I can say this, because it is the first thing she said, but she didn't actually make it, I was made for her by Wilna at MM, as a RAK. I love it!
Over at Scrapbook Challenges, it is a new month and here is the October Sponsor, Inque Boutique. Aren't these stamps cute? All you have to do is do any of the weekly sketch or designer challenges and you will be put in the drawing at the end of the month! If you post your work, you will also have a chance to be the Pick Of The Week! It is definitely a cool place to hang out!
Thanks for stopping by, I hope to have more to share with you tomorrow!
.
(GR users comment here)

6 comments:

tigardlilly said...

hey, there should be some rule against mixing lemondrops and cameras! Cute card, I love the TY stamp.

Christina Carnoy said...

ha ha Laura! lemondrops!!! I had a good time yesterday! and your pics are so fun!

Scrappy Girl said...

I am so jealous...wish I could have been there!

Love the layouts! I especially love the way you did the photo mats for the 3 school pics that were not taken.

I totally understand you not participating in Project Better. I had not given it a second thought after you explained your living arrangements the first time. I am going to take a break from project better this week...I am feeling a little burnout.

Nancywithajones said...

OH HOW CUTEEEEEEE love your pages looks like yall had a BLAST!

Anonymous said...

your work is fantastic! thanks for joining us over at Pink Sketches. we totally enjoy seeing your work!

-sarah
Pink Sketches DT

Kay said...

I'm soooo bummed I missed out!! I have set aside the dates for November though! NOTHING will keep me away!

Those LO are totally fab!! You should submit them. Seriously!

Gotta go I have 623 GR hits to catch up on! LOL Crazy!