Monday, July 6, 2009

In Loving Memory

Sorry for my absence, just as we got the computer fixed and working properly, we got the call that Cliff's Mom passed away. He is doing ok, and was able to see her on Friday at the funeral home and said his goodbyes. We are heading out of town tomorrow to be with family and get things ready for the funeral. Cliff is now without either parents as his Dad died when he was 17.
She was a beautiful woman!!
He was so happy to have his Mom at his wedding!!
If any of you are praying people, we would appreciate your prayers for him and his family. Her husband is being super cooperative, and his brother is taking care of all of it. They will be sending her body down to California to be laid next to Cliff's Dad. It is a tough time, as I have no idea what he is going through, and I am doing my best to help him out any way I can. She lived 45 miles south of here, and he hasn't seen her in 3 years, and hardly ever called her, so he is having lots of regret and guilt. We will be staying at her house, with most of his family (some I haven't even met yet). There isn't any more room in the tiny house, and we are broke as usual, so we are pitching our tent in the backyard. At least the weather is cooled down this week.
I will be back later this week, and share the stuff I have gotten done-I promise.

7 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

I am so sorry Marilyn. Hope all goes well with the funeral. You and Cliff and the family are in my prayers. {{HUGS}}

Erica Hettwer said...

Hugs to you, my friend. :)

Unknown said...

I'm keeping you and Cliff in my thoughts!
-Cher

Annie Collins said...

Marilyn - my deepest sympathy to Cliff & you. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers {{{Hugs}}}

all the days of our life said...

Marilyn, so sorry for your loss, keeping Cliff and and your family in my prayers.

djp said...

keeping you both in my thoughts. hoping things go well in the coming days.

obxpatti said...

Sorry for you loss, MArilyn. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. {{{{HUGS}}}}