Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Creative Weekend

First of all, did you all see the funny picture at the top of my blog??? If you are a Twilight fan, you gotta see it! I think it is hilarious, especially when I made it my desktop background and it tiled.....My computer got sooooo bogged down though! It was HILARIOUS!!! Feel free to snag the photo if you want it!
.
I got busy this weekend, that is for sure! I got 4 layouts done and 3 ATC swaps done! Even with all that I have been getting accomplished, I am really feeling a bit down on my scrapping. I feel like my layouts are crap and I just can't get out of this funk. My DT layouts for example...I can't keep up with the rest of the team. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong! Is it the way I have been using scraps? Is it my lack of embellishments? Is it my photos? I don't know and it is driving me crazy!! I am loving all the challenges, but I don't win any and it is really starting to affect me. I want to keep doing them, but it is starting to feel like I am doing them just to do them, kwim? I put everything into them, and continue to be unhappy with them. I haven't even been touching blog challenges for the same reason! Scrapbooking is my life, literally, and I am becoming unhappy with it, even though I love doing it. I am NOT talking about quitting, but what can I do to enjoy the outcome? I will continue to work this out, somehow, I promise. But until then, I will keep creating and sharing. Why??? Because I do enjoy it!!
.
So without further ado, here is my take on Sketch 132 for Scrapbook Challenges.
I used Bazzill cs, October Afternoon pp (clouds too), MM Hullabaloo letter stickers, and buttons.
AMR's Monday Color Challenge 2/23: Monochromatic
I used Bazzill cs, Luxe Designs pp, American Crafts pp, MM pp, Cloud Nine Design stickers, unknown velvet flowers, Prima flowers, buttons, Kaiser Craft pearls, and Dollar Tree letter stickers. The title is one of her many nicknames.
AMR's Tuesday Title/Font Challenge 2/24: Journaling Ends With...& Title Must Be That Word.
I used Basic Grey Granola pp, Prima journaling square, BG cb letters (inked), and Scrapworks cb flower (used as a sand dollar).
AMR's Wednesday Product Challenge 2/25: Stitch with Template, Must Have Journaling and Flowers.
I used Bazzill cs, BG Figgy Pudding pp and letters, Kaiser Crafts flowers and pearls, Nestabilities dies (ovals, stars, and birds), and the stitching template is from Ann's Paper Arts.
.
Now for some ATC goodness. Remember the tropical ATC I made? Well this is the one I recieved for the little swap at AMR, from denisewalks. Isn't is just adorable?
I also got my Partner's Name Swap ATCs from cottagelady at AMR. I said my favorite color was pink and orange! She nailed it, because I LOVE these!! To make things even better, she used my favorite font, Pharmacy!!! They are just perfect!!
AMR First Name Origin and Meaning Swap.
I used ALL Stampin Up stuff, except for the Quickutz Silhouette frame and alpha dies. The paper is Bella Rose, and the cardstock is Pink Pirouette. I have the Riding Hood Red on the back, as well as the letters.
St. Patrick's Day ATC swap at AMR.
This was a last minute swap, so it was very small! I made the pot, the gold, and the shamrock with my Silhouette software, then cut them. The green is DCWV cs, the pot is Bazzill, the gold is Bazzill Bling. The stamp is borrowed from tigardlilly, and came from a local stamp shop that has there own stamps made.
May Day ATC Swap at AMR-Flower themed.
I used Wild Asparagus pp, Bazzill cs, Stickles, and Technique Tuesday Wayfarer alpha stamps. The flowers are all cut using Cuttlebug 4x2 Flowers. I went through all my mini scraps for these flowers, used most all the pink, purple, red, orange, and yellow ones!! The vine is a Silhouette starter design.
That is all I have for now, I have 6 current challenges to work on, both with AMR and Scrapbook Challenges, plus I still have 4 swaps at AMR to work on. I should be staying pretty busy. I would love to hear your suggestions on my scrapbooking, what is working and what is not. Seriously people, I need some ideas-good or bad, lol! Hope you have a fantastic week!
.

8 comments:

Jingle said...

Love that first layout - the clouds make me happy! I really love that May Day ATC, too! SO cute!

Scrappy Girl said...

I think you should step away from the scrapping and give yourself a break! Set a certain amount of time (one day...two days...whatever you choose) to stay away from your scrapping. Maybe that will help you recharge. I think all your layouts are great! I loved "gross" for the title challenge and I hope you win tomorrow for the product challenge...love that palm tree girlie!

Scrappy Girl said...

Thanks for letting me know who won yesterday while I was on the road...I am addicted! LOL!

Christina Carnoy said...

your projects are all beautiful!!!! Don't sweat it, just stop thinking about all that, just enjoy yourself and stop thinking!!!!! I missed you guys last night, stupid cable guy!!!! I'll be there next week though.

whoopsadasie said...

I came over from Scrappy Girl.

Love the designs. Just relax and enjoy...you've got talent.

Anonymous said...

I think your stuff looks pretty good! But, if you are "uninspired" take a step back and re-charge. Or perhaps, look at some scrap magazines and get those creative juices flowing again?

I also think you should be scrapping for you, not to win a contest. When you don't win, you just feel like crap:( and that doesn't help!

Cindy said...

Great stuff Marilyn. I so need to get caught up. Your inspiration.

Whitney said...

That is one cute card. I love your blog and find myself so inspired by your works.