Monday, October 19, 2009

Whirlwind Week

What a week I had. I spent last weekend and 1st part of the week in the hospital, with respiratory problems. As a result, I have quit smoking, am eating healthy, and now on an insulin regime for my diabetes. I am feeling so good, happy, and very empowered. I am super excited for the changes I am making in my life, and look forward to the physical changes in the future!
.
Now that I have explained my absence, let's move on to the scrappy part of my life, which is the point of my blog, lol!
It is Monday, which means a new sketch at Scrapbook Challenges.
Sketch 166
My take on the sketch.
I used Bazzill cs, Bazzill Just the Edge border strips, Basic Grey Romani pp (I think), Thickers, Tim Holtz Tag, Prima Flowers, and Milled Lavender Distress Stickles.
Last weekend was the AMR October Crop, which I had to leave early to go to the ER, but I did manage to get all the challenges done before I left-priorities you know! There are some regular monthly AMR challenges mixed in here as well.
This was for AMR's Oct 1st half Product Challenge, Use Paint.
I am out of foam brushes, so I used my God-given tools, my fingers.
I used Bazzill cs, MM Paint, K&Co chipboard sprayed with Glimmer Mist, RAK'd tag and handmade embellishment, Thickers, and punched/pieced flowers with rhinestone centers.
AMR Oct 1st half Scraplift Challenge.
I used Sassafras Hog Heaven pp, stickers, and letters, Prima flowers, brads, buttons, and Thickers. The inside scalloped paper, is part of the same paper that is the outside edge-I cut the scallops out, then pop-dotted the whole scalloped piece inside (does that make sense?).
AMR Crop, Sketch Challenge
I used Basic Grey Mistletoe and Pear pp, Cuttlebug snowflake die cuts with DCWV Glitter paper, Bazzill chipboard (inked), MM Hullabaloo letter stickers, and Kaiser Crafts rhinestones.
Here is an example of how I am eating. Spinach Salad with canned salmon, carrots, red peppers, tomato, boiled egg, homemade lemon garlic vinaigrette. It was SOOOO yummy!!
Back to the scrappiness, I made this bookmark for a challenge during the AMR crop, make a tag/bookmark using alcohol inks.
I used a variety of Inkadinkado stamps (from the Costco packs), then used 5 colors of Ranger alcohol inks till I got the look I was going for, BG fibers, eyelet, and regular plain white cs.
AMR crop challenge, Bookmark Card.
I was feeling really, really bad, so I got really lazy on this one. I used Special Moments (Dollar Tree) stickers, and Creative Imaginations rubons. Inside is a bookmark using the same supplies that is perforated so the bookmark can be detached.
Interestingly enough, my DT had a little crop the same day. I joined late, so I only got one challenge done, we had to make a card based on the Something Old, New, Borrowed, Blue wedding concept.
I used Bazzill cs, BG Two Scoops pp (old), SU Crazy for Cupcakes stamps, Kaiser Crafts rhinestones (new), MM Ribbon (blue), and Bic Mark Its markers. The something borrowed, is supposed to be a scraplift or sketch, I used a sketch.
It was my turn for a challenge last week at Scrapbook Challenges, so I chose the paper piecing technique. I really wasn't feeling well, so I am not super happy with the outcome.
I used BG Figgy Pudding pp, BG Infuse ribbon, BG buttons, Creative Imaginations rubons, and SU Season of Simple Grace stamps with SU Inks. I stamped each item in separate colors, cut out, and pieced together.

No comments: