Sunday, December 14, 2008

Monday Means Scrapbook Challenges...

...and a new weekly happening!
Starting today (weather pending) we are getting together every Monday evening for Monday Scrap Night at Tigardlilly's! It will only be for a few hours, so it will be a good opportunity to work on little projects or kits. I can't wait for tonight!! Cast will consist of myself, tigardlilly, inara, and hopefully kaydrenth can come occasionally. If you are local, let me or tigardlilly know, and we can make arrangements too-you know who you are!!
.
For now, I have a couple sketches to share with you, and some new DT challenges from Scrapbook Challenges!
.
This was from 3 weeks ago, Sketch 119
I used Bazzill Dotted Swiss, Luxe Designs pp, Felt Fusion, Bazzill and Prima flowers, misc brad, and Cuttlekids Tadpole Alphabet dies.
2 weeks ago, Sketch 120
I used Bazzill cs, Reminisce pp, MM grommets, Scrapworks chipboard stars, and Pink Paislee sticker letters with Stardust Stickles.
This week, Sketch 121
I used Sassafras Lass pp, Bazzill Just the edge-inked, Scenic Route lined pp, and stripped/inked chipboard letters.
Challenge-Week 1: Alter Something
I used a plain frame from Michael's, MM paints (lagoon, dusk, and cornflower), glittered chipboard letters from Walmart, Kaiser Crafts flowers and pearls, and used Pink Paislee Pixee Stix glitter adhered and covered with Diamond Glaze.
Challenge-Week 1: Ads
This was based on an ad for inspiration. I used Sassafras Lass pp, Bazzill cs, 1-8x10 photo trimmed and cut apart, Cuttlekids Tadpole Alphabet dies, and Baby Blue Stickles.
Challenge-Week 1: Distress Your Edge
I used Bazzill cs, BG Sugared pp, Scenic Route sticker letters, Felt Fusion, Crate Paper rubons, and Story of Us button stickers. "Food Art" was at the Rainforest Cafe and this is how it was served to us!
Challenge-Week 2: Give Love
We were supposed to share our Christmas Cards that we made.
This one I made 10 of. I used BG Wassail pp, Felt sheets, Cuttlebug petal dies, Sizzix tear drop dies, unknown/borrowed Merry Christmas Stamp, Nestabilities, Michael's Christmas ribbon, Christmas Red Stickles, and some borrowed Distress Stickles over an SEI brad.
This one I made 50 of. I used BG Wassail pp, Bazzill cs, Cuttlebug Spot and Dots embossing folder, Nestabilities, American Crafts ribbon, Studio G stamp (dec 25), and Merry Christmas stamp is unknown from Jo-Annes.
Challenge-Week 2: Boys vs. Girls
I used Melissa Francis pp, Sassafras Lass pp, hand cut some flowers from SL pp with Stickles (cinnamon, cotton candy, lime green, and frosted lace), American Crafts Thickers, felt butterflies, and misc rhinestones.
Challenge-Week 3: Make Your Own Ornament
I used plain white cardstock, cut the stars with my Silhouette-3 stars per ornament, painted each side with MM paint (spotlight, evergreen, cranberry), covered that with Icicle Stickles which I painted on, glued them together with the ribbon inside and voila, 3-D stars! I know they are plain, but I didn't really have the supplies/tools to do much better.
Challenge-Week 3: Love Letters
I haven't done this one yet, it just came out today, but I will be doing it soon! :)
.
This was a challenge from last month, that I never got around to posting-Clouds
The challenge is no longer good for the monthly prize, but I wanted to share it anyway.
I used Crate paper, Bazzill cs, American Crafts Thickers, and made my clouds with plain cs which I crumpled/wrinkled up, inked it with charcoal chalk, then brayered over it with some sea foam green ink.
Don't forget to check out Scrapbook Challenges. There are weekly sketches and challenges. For every one that you do, you get an entry into the monthly drawing. This month's sponsor is a load of Reminisce product! It is a great place for inspiration and scrap talk! Oh yeah, Pamela is also having a Design Team call for the group! It is pretty simple, just do the weekly sketches, and offer one challenge each month! I love it!!
.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

wow great LOs!! You've been a busy girl. Have fun at your get together!!!

Erica Hettwer said...

Oooh! I'd love to join...well, after Christmas that is! :D

Jingle said...

Great stuff, Marilyn! I also wanted to thank you for that beautiful card (shown above) that arrived in my mailbox yesterday! I love it!

Erica Hettwer said...

ps-I left you some love on my blog!

http://ericasdoingsomethingelse.blogspot.com/2008/12/blog-award-and-mini-book.html

pps-Love all your layouts and I really love the card you made me! :D

Anne Marie said...

Holy moly, you've been busy! Got your card yesterday, and I LOVE it! Love how you sanded/chalked the embossig. Thanks so much for thinking of me! I've had no time this year, and sadly have made zero cards for friends. But you are in my thoughts and prayers for a happy Christmas and prosperous New Year!!

Scrappy Girl said...

I love all your creations...now that my schoolhouse is together (not completely but I am able to work in it) I am going to start doing a few of the challenges you talk about. I have spent several months reading about all the fun and now I am going to DO IT! Yay!