Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Four Hour Title!!

Do you ever do a layout and struggle with a title? What scrapbooker doesn't! I spent 1 hour staring at this layout, and finally decided on "lifting" the NASCAR Logo!! After working on that for a while, I spent the next 2 hours looking for the right font..the font most resembling NASCAR's font is ITC Machine..for sale only, UGHH! I finally found Hollywood Hills from Dafont, which is close enough. So then I spend the next hour in Word, fine tuning the font and cutting and VOILA, a sweet title!! I also hand cut the flames and used my new stickles, yay! I still feel like the page is lacking something, but I can't think of anything other than ribbon and flowers, which won't really work on this "guy" page.


This is my DH and Brother playing NASCAR 2008 on PS2 with thier steering wheels. My Bro is a die-hard NASCAR fan (note the racing helmet), and has gotten me hooked big time! That is ok though, I got his wife hooked on scrapbooking-lol!
Here is the NASCAR logo. Sorry it is pixelated, NASCAR.com only has small pictures to save.

3 comments:

Kay said...

Love that LO! Seriously though, the helmet is killin' me! LOL Dude if you're gonna be hardcore you gotta go there right?

Christina Carnoy said...

that is a great lo, and I love reading about the process too, I think it is perfect, I don't think it needs anything else.

AFScrapperMom said...

Great job! I would have given up probably after 30 mintues